The Finance Department is responsible for the sound financial management of the Assembly’s resources.
The Finance Department
- ensures access at all reasonable times to files, documents and other records of the Metro. Assembly;
- keeps, render and publish statements on Public Accounts;
- keeps receipts and custody of all public and trust monies payable into the Consolidated Fund;
- facilitates the disbursement of legitimate and authorized funds;
- prepares financial reports at specific periods for the Assembly;
- prepares payment vouchers and financial encumbrances;
- undertakes revenue mobilization activities of the Assembly, and
- Makes provision for financial services to all departments in the Metropolitan.