The Department of Transport is to assist the Assembly formulate and implement policies on transport services within the framework of national policies.
The Department shall
- advise the Assembly on matters relating to transport services in the
- prohibit or restrict the driving of general or any specified vehicles on specified roads or specified direction;
- regulate the use and conduct of public vehicles, including the routes and parking places in accordance with the Driver and other detail Vehicle Licensing Authority Act (Act 569);
- provide for the identification of licensed vehicles;
- license taxis, bicycles and motor bikes and prescribe fees to be paid; (f) establish, acquire and maintain transport services by land or water including ferries;
- maintain records of classified contractors and consultants in the transport services industry within the Metro.;
- prepare composite progress and annual reports on transport works in the Metro.;
- assist in the review of road designs by consultants for designated roads; and
- establish, maintain and control parks for motor and other vehicles.